Client Relations, Oil & Gas Land and Minerals – Fort Worth, TX
Our client, a leading Landowner Services Company with a significant presence in Fort Worth, Texas is seeking an experienced oil & gas land professional / landman / Client Relations Manager.
Working within the company’s Oil & Gas Department, this person will be responsible for all aspects of oil and gas mineral management for the firm’s clients. These responsibilities focus on working directly with clients (including Banks, Financial Institutions, University Trusts, Non-profit Corporations, Investment Managers and others responsible for high-value oil & gas mineral investments. You’ll be expected to navigate client phone calls, e-mails, and other correspondence in addition to client asset research and asset management.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate great communication and relationship-building skills. An understanding of oil & gas land, royalty and mineral investments is very helpful to being successful in this role, as other team members include petroleum landmen, land administrators (division order analyst / lease analyst), geologists and accounting / finance persons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and grow client relationships, which include institutional and individual entities; client phone calls, e-mails, and other written correspondence, as necessary
- Cross-train with your team to be familiar with many different client relationships
- Report preparation and delivery for client accounts
- Prepare oil & gas valuations, as necessary
- Assist with projects requiring research and analysis
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor Degree in related field, or work experience in lieu of a degree
- 5 years of experience in the upstream Oil & Gas industry / E&P industry
- Client relationship management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Knowledge of Enverus, and MineralSoft is helpful
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.