Contract Landman – Houston, TX (Downtown)
CSI Recruiting is working with a Houston-based operating and development company, assisting them in locating a Contract Landman to work in their Downtown Houston offices.
- Assess title coverage in development program areas and make recommendations to update or obtain new title opinions/reports where needed.
- Review title information and title opinions to identify required curative and prepare summaries of same.
- Direct field brokers in title curative efforts, including minor leasing, where necessary.
- Review and summarize existing contracts in development areas and identify any gaps in JOA coverage or non-standard agreements/provisions that will have a material impact on Company’s ability to propose new drills.
- Determine working interest percentages of parties having the right to participate in allocation well locations.
- Prepare participation agreements, JOA’s, letter agreements, farmout agreements and similar trade agreements.
- Prepare assignments, releases, amendments, pooling declarations and other similar instruments pertaining to company-operated leases.
- Prepare preliminary decks for Pre-Drill AFEs and work with Land Admin/Accounting to set up new properties.
- Prepare weekly status reports to update the Company on title/JOA status in development areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, energy or related field
- In-house Land experience supporting an active drilling program required
- East Texas experience strongly preferred
- Experience successfully drafting agreements, assignments, releases, etc.
- Aptitude to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Experience with ArcGIS, Enverus, Quorum QLS and other products a definite plus