EHS Specialist (Plus regulatory, ideally) – Durango, CO
CSI Recruiting is working with a small, financially sound and employee-first oil & gas company that is seeking to hire an experienced EHS Specialist. This role will report to the company’s Director of EHS and be heavily involved in the day-to-operations in the field.
This Environmental, Health & Safety role assists in the daily management of federal, tribal, state and local environmental, health, safety and regulatory (EHS&R) compliance across the company’s oil & gas assets within this region of Southwest Colorado. This position provides advice, coordination and technical support to field and plant operating team members. You will work with Operations to ensure company policies are followed, relevant health and safety programs, policies, and procedures are developed and maintained, works with others in management to provide training and assists with compliance assessments as needed.
This position requires a high sense of responsibility, safety, motivation and the willingness to make decisions.
Qualifications for this position include:
- BS degree in related field or safety certification from an accredited institution is preferred
- Five years experience as a safety or environmental, health and safety professional
- Minimum 5 years oil & gas or industrial experience; solid working knowledge of environment, health and safety practices
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, AED or EMS strongly preferred; OSHA certifications preferred but not required
- Be able to walk in rough terrain for a distance up to one mile and back
This is an excellent direct hire role for an experienced EHS professional seeking the stability of an in-house role along with an excellent salary and benefits package. Relocation assistance to the area is available.