Oil & Gas Financial Analyst – Dallas, Texas
CSI Recruiting is actively seeking candidates with 3+ years of experience for an Upstream Oil & Gas (E&P) Financial Analyst position at a growing Dallas-based upstream oil & gas company.
This client, a well-regarded and long-standing E&P firm, is seeking an experienced upstream oil & gas Financial Analyst to coordinate between the company’s accounting, finance, operations, analyzing both company and market data. This position will primarily support the financial planning/analytic function with additional support for the financial reporting/accounting function, as needed.
On the financial planning /analytic side, the position will provide analytical support to the CFO and other senior leadership. The role will require working cross-functionally with other disciplines to evaluate current asset holdings, utilize corporate and operational financial models that reflect changing oil and gas prices, debt levels, exploration results, budgeting, forecasting, analyses of the impact of new business opportunities, and treasury administration.
Responsibilities also include:
Create, edit and disseminate financial presentations, slide decks and proposals for current assets. Collaborate with the firm’s A&D team to assist in turning deal flow into completed transactions.
Work with the firm’s established financial model, and apply that model to both internal and external oil & gas assets.
Perform evaluations for acquisition opportunities.
Track, update and analyze production and reserves forecasts
Prepare financial comparisons for company versus industry competitors in similar plays and basins
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related field
- Advanced communication skills (written, oral & presentation)
- Advanced technical analysis skills using business applications including the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Advanced experience specifically with Excel
- Ideally candidates will have 2+ years of experience working within the oil & gas industry (preferably E&P) as a financial analyst / data analyst / economic analyst
- Office environment is professional and results-driven. High professional and ethical standards are expected.
Qualified candidates should be aware that this opportunity has real potential for leadership roles in the future. You’ll apply your expertise to the projects at hand and in return you’ll gain a new appreciation for how an oil company runs, be involved in all the day-to-day developments throughout the departments, and have a integral role in the success of the organization.
If you’re tired of big-company bureaucracy and uncertainty about your future, this is a great role to consider, as our client has been in business for decades and maintains a streamlined, result-focused environment.