Land Technician – Houston, TX
CSI Recruiting is working with a privately-held E&P firm located in Downtown Houston, assisting in their need to hire a Land Technician. This Operations-focused land technician will support and work alongside the company’s Land and Land Administration staff, assisting with AFEs, project scheduling, internal and external reporting, file and deck maintenance, as well as general land support. This is a great opportunity to take your early-career background as an E&P Land Technician performing Land support and learn from an experienced team of professionals, building on your foundation of Land experience and providing a spring-board into increasing roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate the creation, internal approval and tracking of AFEs for both operated and non-operated properties in the company’s Land system, Quorum.
- Lead the notification and response tracking for operated well projects including preparation of partner ballots, logging and tracking AFE status, analyzing JOAs for relevant provisions and response periods, and communicating AFE status in weekly technical team meetings.
- Communicate with outside operators to track near term plans and expected OBO activity levels. Update the tracking of spud dates, frac dates, etc. from drilling reports.
- Update the tracking of operated and non-operated workover and drilling rig schedules.
- Assists land staff with invoice processing and project cost tracking. Track the estimated drilling and completions costs, payment requests, and cash calls. Prepare check requests. Confirm that payments were made and communicated to the operators.
- Works with OBO operators to obtain activity reports and delivery of data from the operator as required per the AFE election.
- Works with the company’s production operations team to set up partners to receive activity reports and delivery of data as required per the AFE election.
- Assists land staff with various facets of project management, including document compilation, report preparation, and internal/external stakeholder coordination.
- Communicates DOI changes to Land Admin staff and payout tracking parameters to Accounting.
- Prepare standard-form agreements, letters, and file memos.
- Document transmittals for rights-of-way.
- Bachelors Degree preferred; Petroleum Land Management (PLM), Energy Management, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of broad-based, in-house Land Support experience with an upstream operator / E&P company.
- Current experience with upstream operations and role Land plays in development, operations and revenue generation.
- Clear communicator with excellent organization, problem solving, data-mining and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with ArcGIS, DrillingInfo (Enverus), IHS Enerdeq and Quorum (QLS & QDO) is a plus