PRODUCTION ENGINEER – Fort Worth, Texas
CSI Recruiting is working with a growing, privately-held E&P firm, assisting in their search for an experienced, early career Production Engineer. This Production Engineer will work on a small team of Production and Operations Engineers, reporting to a working manager withing the Fort Worth office. Ideal candidates will have experience working as a Production / Operations Engineer within an active operating company, preferably focused on unconventional, onshore assets.
The Production Engineer role will be responsible for managing and optimizing both our operated and non-operated wells in Texas. These activities include but are not limited to proactively maintaining base production, well surveillance, optimization of underperforming well(s), designing well intervention plans and monitoring execution by operations team, and building analytical models to troubleshoot and understand performance behavior(s). The production engineer will work with the operations and reservoir teams to implement automation, reduce downtime, reduce LOE, and optimize field-wide operating parameters (i.e. system pressure, compressors, facilities, etc.).
Frequent work with interdisciplinary teams to build and maintain production and financial dashboards, as wells as budgeting, designing, and implementing technical studies, and frequent communication and collaboration with our JV partner and investors. The production engineer will also be required report weekly production actuals and forecasts, and train and or mentor interns and secondees.
• Manage base production of both operated and non-operated assets
Know production, production targets, and all downtime events
Diagnose and optimize production – productivity, flow string, plunger-lift, EOT, treatments, inspections, pressure differential reductions, compression, automation, etc.
Ensure production data quality
Communicate and review with field personnel
o Cost-track and track project progress, communicate and approve scope changes
o Perform lookback analyses, present results
• Reduce downtime
o Identify and manage sources of downtime – keeping excellent downtime records and reviewing frequently
o Develop automated diagnostics to find “bad actors” and bottlenecks
o Actively search for ways to mitigate downtime, increase redundancy, etc.
o Understand gathering side of downtime and help coordinate SIMOPs, coordinate and communicate upcoming downtime events, evaluate gatherer unscheduled downtime and mitigate as possible
• Reduce LOE
o Identify sources and activities of high LOE
o Manage the balance of well performance vs LOE
o Identify projects to lower LOE, prioritize, plan and execute with assistance of other functions
• Stay abreast of all existing and emerging technology(ies)
• Collaborate and communicate with:
o Asset team
Work together with team to outperform as a collective, not lone wolf
Open-minded to evaluate all options
Educate and get buy-in from stakeholders
o JV partners
Collaborate with partner to optimize production and completions design
• Opportunity Generation
o Identify, priority, plan/design and execute projects
o Structured workflow to identify, prioritize, design/plan, and execute projects
o Write/work-up procedures for projects (i.e. workovers, wireline, etc.)
o Clear documentation, follow proper technical review, follow approval processes, consult/inform appropriate functions
• Develop dashboards/reports to provide to team on weekly basis
• Support and contribute to field studies
• Cross-functional projects as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
• At least a combined 3+ years of productions engineering and operational experience in tight and unconventional resource plays. Completions and reservoir engineering experience is a plus.
• Possess a strong fundamental knowledge of productions engineering and operations experience
• Possess a working knowledge of geology and petrophysics
• Experience working on multi-discipline teams and the ability to integrate across functions
• Proficient in Excel, Access and or SQL (VBA/coding skills a plus ), Spotfire and/or Power BI, WellView, Fekete Harmony, and nodal analysis (Prosper, Perform, SNAP, etc.)
• Experience in building reports and dashboards
• Strong communication skills both oral and written, able to adjust his content and style for the type of audience being presented to
• Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a plus