Senior Lease Analyst – The Woodlands
For a leading E&P firm with upstream assets in Texas and Louisiana, CSI Recruiting is seeking candidates for a Senior Lease Analyst role located in The Woodlands.
The role includes an emphasis on analyzing and interpreting complex oil and gas agreements, including surface and ROW agreements, assignments, and joint operating agreements. The Lease Analyst will perform lease and contract administration to insure accurate, consistent, and seamless land records and to determine ownership of leasehold and company obligations attached to these assets.
- Generate monthly calendars for lease payments, obligations and expirations and process accordingly
- Review title for producing units to accurately reflect acreage in BOLO
- Review incoming lease documents, set up incoming leases and payments in BOLO land system, and perform maintenance on existing leases.
- Review and analyze Division Order Title Opinions, title curative, contracts, leases, assignments, mineral deeds and marketing agreements to determine leasehold acreage and net revenue interest.
- Chain title and analyze curative to determine current ownership for complex title issues.
- Collaborate with Land, Accounting and other company staff daily to resolve internal or external concerns.
- Coordinate with Land to secure curative when necessary.
- Develop sophisticated reports in SQL or Visual Basic that display complex data in an understandable format
- Support land and financial systems including BOLO, assisting with system upgrades and implementations as required
- Performed due diligence for complex ownership situations for acquisitions and divestitures
- Setup Real Property and Mineral Deeds – verify location of properties and current ownership
- Issue lease payments: MR, SI, EXT, & RNT
- Terminate undeveloped acreage and maintain lease records
- ***Build DOI spread sheet in MS Excel
- Understanding of Burden Groups
- Understanding of WI Owners
- Understanding of conveyances in Louisiana and/or Texas
- Title Opinions
- Mineral Deeds
- Royalty Deeds
- Basic MS Excel functions
- Basic understanding of a lease
- Conditional Clauses
- Depth and Pugh
- 4 year bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working Texas and/or Louisiana projects in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of land systems (BOLO knowledge is a plus), ArcGIS, and MS Office products is preferred. Knowledge of MS Sql or Visual Basic is a plus.