Senior Reservoir Engineer – Fort Worth, TX
A growing E&P firm in Fort Worth is seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer. This Reservoir Engineer position will maximize asset value within a team environment by making business recommendations based on expert technical evaluations and sound economics.
The successful candidate in this Reservoir Engineer role must be able to work well independently, in cross-functional teams, and with multi-level management to identify, develop, manage, and execute ideas and processes that maximize asset performance in unconventional resource plays.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer successfully leads engineering activities on assigned assets including identification of opportunities to pursue development opportunities, building/maintaining the asset SEC reserves cases, technically defending reserves when needed, and monitoring performance through the year against plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point-of-contact for the asset, exploitation, and business development teams in the design and execution of resource development plans.
- Monitor production/injection/disposal well performance and conduct reservoir surveillance to develop action plans to maximize the value of the asset
- Prepare and defend reserves and develop long-range plan for area of responsibility
- Provide technical and economic support to evaluate business development opportunities and effectively present to senior management
- Provide technical support for the development of other assets within the company’s portfolio
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover, and acquisition opportunities
- Seek opportunities to network outside the company to build relationships and gather information that leads to future business opportunities
- Build strong working relationships with operations and accounting/finance teams
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in the domestic oil and gas exploration and production industry, working in-house at active operating companies
- Minimum 4 years of recent, relevant reservoir engineering experience, preferably in unconventional oil and natural gas plays.
- Experience in production/operations engineering
- Extensive knowledge of economic evaluations
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills; candidate will present to company executives
- Strong listening, questioning, clarifying, and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in 1-on-1 and small group settings
- Advanced knowledge of methods for treating risk and uncertainty in oil and gas E&P projects
- Highly proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly proficient using ARIES