Senior Reservoir Engineer – Development, Houston, TX
CSI Recruiting is seeking to fill a Senior Reservoir Engineer position for a client in Houston / The Woodlands. We know this company well and they have an excellent reputation of taking great care of their employees while also achieving financial success for all involved. Management is heavily involved in the day-to-day, as even senior leadership has maintained a technical skill set. This is not a company run by bankers or private equity.
This role will be heavily involved in the company’s drilling and development program within unconventional gas and unconventional oil plays in Texas and Louisiana, working with the company’s production operations team, geosciences staff and land personnel. You’ll need to be nimble, changing priorities on the fly as issues arise. The company truly maintains a dynamic and exciting place to work.
Currently running a multi-rig program, the office is busy and this Senior Reservoir Engineer will be a key addition to the team.
The position will involve the following functions
- Decline curve analysis and type curve generation as well as rate transient analysis (RTA)
- Performance analysis for unconventional gas wells
- Working with development team to optimize drilling and development plan
- Perform well review and analyze optimization program success, working closely with operations engineers and field superintendents.
- Utilize ARIES and other industry software tools to perform economic analysis
- Analysis of asset acquisition and divestiture opportunities
This role is based in the company’s office in North Houston / The Woodlands, and you can expect to be in the office most days, participating in the company’s collaborative, open-door working environment.